Tuesday, December 27, 2011

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." -Ghandi


            I realized in all of the excitement of my Christmas post I never talked about my plans for after the new year.  On January 3rd Brad and I taking about a week to head to a town called Kerikeri in the Bay of Islands at the northernmost part of the NZ: 

It’s supposed to be beachy and tropical with gorgeous weather and sunshine.  We have been in touch with a few hostels that will connect you with local farms and arrange fruit picking jobs (glamorous, I know), transport, and give you a reduced weekly rate for accommodation.  I’ve heard all sorts of things about fruit picking, mostly that it’s super hard, but I figure we can do anything for a few weeks and when we’re sick of it, we’ll leave.  The nice thing is we’ll be able to spend our off time on the beach getting tan and gorgeous J 

However, after the week of fab weather we’ve been having in Dunedin, I’m a little sorry to go.  I’ve spent the last 3 out of 4 days at the beach soaking up the sun and taking pictures of the seals.  I have 5 more days in this city and I plan on doing the same until we leave.  Here are some pics from mine, Gavin, and Maryann’s trip to Aramoana Beach on the 27th.  Happy New Year!

 









seal/sea lion tracks













boogie boarding on the sand

Fail!


No comments:

Post a Comment